Last Updated on
Do high pitched sounds keep mice away? We know it is easy to try all sorts of desperate measures to get rid of mice. However, mice are pretty smart and are likely to avoid any traps that you set. So what is next? This is when you can use high pitched sounds to keep mice away.
Related: Best Mouse Cage
Do High Pitched Sounds Keep Mice Away? (Proof)
Mice can hear high pitched sounds undetected by humans. It is why ultrasonic pest repellers are perfect for getting rid of mice. These devices release a high-frequency noise that repels mice and other small pests.
This sound is more than 20,000 Hz and is thought to cause confusion, convulsions, and even death in pests. Mice usually can not stand the noise for long and go away from your home after a while. Using these to get rid of pests eliminates the need to mess around with harmful chemicals when setting up traps.
You can use ultrasonic pest repellers for many different types of pests, which make it a bargain purchase.
How To Use A High Pitched Pest Repeller
High pitched pest repellers are usually electrical plugins on a wall, but some are battery operated. When using them in your home to scare mice away, the best way to use these ultrasonic devices is:
- Follow the manufacturer’s direction when it comes to plugging in the device
- Make sure you install the device where there is no obstruction, such as a wall or a piece of furniture
- Make sure that the device is installed where there is no obstruction, such as a wall or a piece of furniture
- Even when using high pitched sounds to keep mice away, make sure that you also use a trap to catch them
Effectiveness Of High Pitched Sounds On Mice
Mice are easily frightened by high pitched sounds emitted by ultrasonic pest repellers. While this may work in the short term, they become used to the sounds after a while. This means that the sounds will no longer be effective in keeping mice out after a few days.
The ultrasonic devices are also limited in range, meaning you may have to buy several for each room of your house. However, the best way to know if an ultrasonic pest repeller will work for you is by looking at reviews and trying it out. It also helps to read up on the manufacturer and see whether they have conducted independent experiments on their product’s effectiveness.
The results of this will help you to know whether getting an ultrasonic pest repeller is a good investment or not.
Other Ways To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Home
If you’re not sure if high pitched sounds will keep mice away for good, some of the things you can do include:
- Cleaning up your house and making sure that there are no dark corners where mice can nest.
- Making sure that you store your food in airtight plastic containers, and that you don’t leave crumbs lying around
- Setting up traps all over your house where you’ve seen signs of mice activity
The answer to your question do high pitched sounds keep mice away is yes. Instead of worrying whether the pest control chemicals you bought will work, then consider using high-pitched noises.
Hey, I’m Amy and I’m in love with my Pets! I have a diverse variety, including 2 cats, 1 dog, 3 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, a rat and a beautiful macaw. I love writing about everything pet-related and spend as much time as I can sharing my personal experiences.